Friday, August 23, 2019

An Archaeological Site


When quizzed about the subject matter I choose to illustrate with fabric and machine, I explain, I frequently find myself drifting in many directions. I attribute the nomadic intensity to creative curiosity, a need to carefully observe the subject before my eyes to see possibilities. Although I prefer animated themes, I also enjoy interpreting more challenging landscapes such as my photos taken at Bandelier National Monument in New Mexico.  As a design idea begins to spark I combine my imaginary skills with reality, which allows me to begin to develop more a complete design layout.  In the case of Bandelier , it wasn’t enough to “reconstruct” the rugged canyon dwellings of the Ancestral Pueblo people, there was a requirement to include humans too.


Bandelier 32½" × 41½"

No comments: